Friday, Sept. 9 through Sunday, Sept. 11, 2016.
Puppet Homecoming 2016 is done! Great shows, informative workshops, exquisite gallery exhibit, fun store, and lots of friendly people sharing their love of puppetry. Thank you to all the performers and workshop leaders, all the volunteers who helped make this happen, and thank you to everyone who attended and supported our efforts.
Talk has already started about the next Regional Festival in 2018. If you liked this festival, get involved in your local guild and Puppeteers of America, and start planning for the National Festival in 2017.
Amazing non-stop puppetry for 3 days in a Catskill Mountain resort!
- 9 main stage performances
- premiere of the first Puppet Mutiny SLAM, of selected innovative works
- Professional Day for Teaching and Therapy all-day pre-festival workshop on Friday
- 20 different workshops to choose from, for beginners to professionals
- Puppet Potpourri performances where anything might happen
- exhibits, information, and shopping
- opportunities to hang out with some very talented and inspiring puppeteers; get together with old friends and make new ones.
This year we will be at the Hudson Valley Resort and Spa in the Shawangunk Mountains next to the Catskills, in Kerhonkson, NY. www.hudsonvalleyresort.com The resort has two stages, large workshop rooms, exhibit space, indoor and outdoor pools, private dining room, spectacular views, hotel style rooms with large closets.
If you are interested in volunteering to be part of the Festival Team, send your contact info.
Updates will also be posted on our Facebook page.