Puppet Homecoming 2018 is happening, Sept. 20-23, 2018, in Brattleboro, VT
The Puppeteers of America Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions are joining the Puppets in the Green Mountains Festival produced by Sandglass Puppet Theater for Puppet Homecoming 2018. Open to professionals, students, and puppetry enthusiasts, PH 2018 will be a weekend of workshops, shows, camaraderie, special events, and more.
This is the tenth edition of Sandglass Theater’s international festival in Brattleboro, Vermont. This year’s Festival, titled Opening Our Doors, September 19 – 23, 2018, is 5 days of performances that foster a spirit of inclusivity and are designed for both children and adults. For more information go to Puppets in the Green Mountains
What is new for this Puppet Homecoming 2018?
Sandglass Theater is presenting the featured performances as part of the 10th Puppets in the Green Mountains Festival titled Opening the Doors. Puppet theater companies from Wales, Taiwan, Canada and the United States will perform and more; celebrating puppetry while exploring themes of equity and inclusivity.
Shows will be repeated so you select your own schedule. Performances start Thursday, September 20, so you may want to arrive early and enjoy beautiful Brattleboro, Vermont in the Fall. Puppet Homecoming 2018 activities start Friday morning, September 21 with the Professional Day for the Teaching Artist and Therapist, an all-day seminar.
What is the same?
– Several great featured performances by artists from around the globe.
– Stimulating and informative workshops from building to business, plus a Professional Day.
– Innovative, wild, and unique late-night shorts, and opportunities for you to perform.
– Sell your puppetry items in the puppetry store open to the public.
– Exhibit your own puppets or pieces from your collections.
– Spend time enjoying the beauty of early Fall in Vermont with old and new friends.
– Special activities for the puppetry community.
Important things to note!
1. Registration for Puppet Homecoming 2018, opens in mid-May. You will select your Workshops and get a pass to the Friday and Saturday late night performances. You may also sign up to participate in the store and puppetry exhibit.
2. Puppets in the Green Mountains performance selection and ticket sales will open online in June. Your PH2018 registration gives you admittance to each show. You will receive instructions with a link and a coupon code to reserve your performance tickets.
3. We have arranged discounted hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Brattleboro, Vermont. The discount for the puppet Festivals will only be available for reservations made by August 20. There are other places to stay in town, but they will most likely be more expensive.
If you are interested in volunteering to be part of the Festival Team, send us a note.
Updates will also be posted on our Facebook page.